Thursday, February 18, 2010

How Does One Move On?

"When moving on you must decide what you keep and what you let go of. Thats another one of my problems. I want to hold on to the good memories and everything good that is left, but the problem for me is that when I hold on to the good memories I want to relive them and make them a reality again. But then, if I don't hold onto the good memories, what does that mean? That I should hold onto the bad memories? But bad memories just bring pain and unhappiness and I don't want that either. So what does that mean for me? They are both really big loads to carry and at the same time, sure it might be easier to not even carry the loads at all, but is it worth just not carrying at all? I want to let go of the bad memories because I want to be able to forgive and move on, but when left with just good memories, won't it just remind me of how these good memories are just good memories and won't that just bring me back to bad memories. I'm also afraid of false hope. False hope towards how maybe things will be the same again, some way, some how, but disappointment after a false hope? I don't think I could handle that at. all. "

1 comment:

Ina said...

I see as memories as memories. Good or bad. You can't really regret anything you know? Stuff just happens for a reason and if you want to move on, move on. You don't need to forget.

Great blog by the way.
Hahah