Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Burning Skies.

Every day was a challenge,

And things just weren't the same,

You could try to avoid your reality,

But then you'd be dreaming of better days,

And as ambitious as I was,

I was barely hanging by a thread,

Enough to climb up to the top,

And not enough to see overhead,

I was lost before you came,

I wasn't looking to be found,

I didn't have to whisper your name,

You heard me calling out somehow,

You were like a candle,

Whose flame burnt deeply in my eyes,

And if I tried to close my eyes,

I'd have visions of burning skies,

Skies that burned a fiery red,

That faded into shades of pink,

And shades of pink that warmed the sky,

Until it cried a purple ink,

A purple ink that stained the sky,

And had to be washed away,

The ocean sprayed the sky with mist,

The purple just blended with blues that stayed,

You're everywhere I know you'd be,

Because you are a part of me,

I'm free of who I used to be,

Burning skies are waiting for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

inspiring...