Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Ocean Of Skies.

I'm staring at blank ceilings,
But this paint is so concealing,
I'm searching for some meaning,
What's behind this stone brick wall?
A heart kept in a cage,
Locked up and locked away,
With chains so blindly linked together,
We hoped it wouldn't be this way,
So I lie here alone and waiting,
A darkened sky above me,
With stars that shone as bright as sand,
My hope was slowly fading,
But something changed these skies of gray,
And chased the blackened skies away,
You will no more feel the pain,
Of night displaying your miserable feelings,
Something started happening,
I knew it,
But I didn't know what,
The skies had somehow lightened,
And it brightened my whole world,
It was a reflection of the ocean,
With all its waves of blue,
Crashing on the horizon's surface,
Clouds like sea foam rose for you,
Something broke the water's surface,
Something bright and clear,
The sun was drifting on the sea,
I had fallen for you in too deep,
Your beaming rays matched my beaming smiles,
I wish you'd stay longer,
Just stay for a while,
But the sun must set,
So the colors can change,
With pink and blue and purple waves,
Waves that gently pulled and swayed,
Pulling me in to your gravity,
I look at the sky and the sun begins to rise, 
I'm not scared of the night,
And it's unforgiving ways,
I know the future holds better days. 

No comments: