Sunday, June 3, 2007

Solo act.

This is what happened since my last post about the talent show. All my friends went nuts about which song, and so somehow I ended up with just one partner. But here's the thing. She bailed on me. We needed time to practice, but she's always busy, caught up in her own little world, not to offend her or anything. So what happens next? The student council adviser told me to either drop out, or go solo. But our student council adviser is on everybody's number one hate list, so there's no shocker I threw a "little" fit. I don't know why, but I went solo. I guess I wanted to prove to all those people who told me that I couldn't do this. And knowing me, hell yea I went solo. I got up that stage, and with all my "confidence" I started to sing to the song. I felt like I was going to puke, and I felt everybody's stare burning through my skull. After the song came the end, I sorta rushed off the stage, but I did feel somewhat powerful. I mean the dorky girl from 6th grade actually got up on stage and sang, just by herself. But the one thing I could never figure out is, that if people actually thought I was good, or if people were just saying that because they pitied me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.