Saturday, August 8, 2009

If There Is A God...

First of all, my family's not very religious, and I haven't gone to church since I was like, ohhh I don't know, maybe like 7 or 8? So I don't know a lot about God, I don't really know much about the bible either. I can't help it if I'm stuck with weird questions while I stare at the ceiling in my room. If I googled it, I probably wouldn't get the answer either, because well, I'm clueless. So my question to you is that, if there really is a God, how can he let such horrible things happen to people who don't deserve it? There are a lot of people who don't deserve to die, and my question is that, how can he let them? How can he let diseases like CANCER live? Is he trying to teach people a lesson? Because at what cost do we have to learn these lessons? I know God exists, and he's not just some myth to believe in, but I need to understand how he can let things happen to people who don't deserve it, when there are people (I'm not saying that they deserve it) but in a way they do. It sucks. Big time. And, where do people go when they die? If God forgives everyone for their sins, then wouldn't we all just be crowding eachother in Heaven? I don't knowwwwwwwwww. I'm soooooooooooooo confuseddddd. I guess sometimes I see someone in my family suffer, and I just can't help but to think, damn, it should've been me.

2 comments:

Ane said...

Indeed lots of things in this world bring us down and make us wonder about God existence. There are thousand of theories to explain it and also to let us more in doubt, while I was reading your post I just felt like saying something about it then here it is my comment/(theory?):
Sometimes I think it's like the magic cub, I mean sometimes some colors have to be moved not because they deserve it but just to make other different color match. When something bad happens with people we love and even with the others around us, perhaps is not because they REALLY deserve it but the maden situation kind of "force" thsese things to happen to make possible others pieces/possibilities of life/fates to match, to happen.I think the "maden situation" is created by both parts, us(through the choices we make and sometimes these choices decrease our range of possibilities without we noticing that, forcing something to happen to other person to increase or finish this range, for example) and the force we call God( that would be more like the coordinator of our actions than the real active one ).
I hope I've gotten to make you have good refletions about it and to smooth a bit your confusion.Sorry if I wrote too much, in the end it seems I'm letting you a whole text than just a comment ^^', sorry about that.

CharlieBartlett said...

I don't believe in god. You shouldn't either. Really, it's just a waste of time. See why at my blog. And, yeah I'm a real person.