Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Beginning.

It is in fact, the beginning. I have one year, to start placing at swim meets, and to go to States. If I don't, my parents are going to pull me out of swimming for good. Dude...this is so intense right here. I've been swimming for 3 years now, and it has become like the biggest part of my life. Swimming is the one thing I absolutely can't lose in my life. 
I have always been the average swimmer. But I think now that there's this huge pressure on me, that I've finally reached my breaking point. I mean, I'm sick of getting lapped at practices, of going to meets and watching other people get their times, I'm sick of not placing and not qualifying for meets. I think I've finally realized that I mean, I've been trying hard, I really have, but I haven't been trying my ABSOLUTE hardest. I mean if I have been trying my ABSOLUTE hardest, who knows, I could be a qualifying swimmer. This is going to be hard. I'm not going to lie, there a huge chance this isn't going to happen. But I have to try my absolute hardest, because losing swimming would be like losing a part of myself. It's time to get down to business.
 People believe in me, sure. My parents, don't. I'm sick of what they put my self esteem through, and the discouragement I receive from them.
So my lovely internet people, be prepared. Join me for the ride, as I begin to step it up and make a name for myself in the swimming world.

No comments: