Sunday, February 6, 2011

I wait.

I still wait.

I still hope that one day you’ll call me up and ask if I have some time to spend with you. I still hope that one day you’ll start a conversation first with me. I still hope that sometimes, when you’re all alone, or maybe if you’re in a crowd, you’ll think of me. I still hope that sometimes you miss me. I still hope that going somewhere we’ve been, triggers a memory, and makes you think of me. I still hope that deep inside, that you miss me - maybe, just maybe, as much as I miss you. I still hope that you know that I have never walked away from you, nor will I ever. I still hope that you know that your place in my heart is as big as it always has been. I still hope that you know that if you needed me, I’d be there in a instant. I hope you know that there is no anger associated with you in my mind. I hope you understand someday, how much you still mean to me, and how it hurts now more than ever. I still wait for the day that we can have more than a generic conversation, because we are both engaged, and we both are genuinely there.

I still wait for the day that you understand.

I still wait for the day that you miss me back just as much.

I still wait for the day you decide to call me back.

For the day that you want to start over again.

For the day that you want to rebuild again.

For the day that you want to sincerely let go of the mistakes, and the hurt that we have both caused and endured.

For the day that we can both say we’re sorry.

For the day we can honestly in our hearts forgive.

For the day we realize where we are now.

For the day that we both realize it’s still not too late.

For the day that I’ve been praying about in my heart, will become one day soon.

No comments: